Professional Business Services
Number of Companies
Number of Workers
Workforce Training Programs
University of Mary Washington
University of Mary Washington awards approximately 1,300 graduates each year with 200 being either a Master’s or Advanced Certification. Organizations who are in need of a customized educational solution with a four-year institution can partner with the University of Mary Washington division of Continuing and Professional Studies (CPS). CPS will work to assess the needs of the organization, design a curriculum, and implement the customized program to address the workforce needs.
Germanna Community College
Germanna Community College offers credited and non-credit courses as well a highly effective apprenticeship and credential program through the Fredericksburg Center for Advanced Technology (FredCat). FredCat is designed to meet the needs of high demand fields in our evolving economy and focuses on hands-on training to support the region’s existing and new businesses.
Sector Workforce Training Programs
- Project Management Professional (PMP and Scrum Certifications)
- Lean Six Sigma
- Business Communication
- Business Development
- Marketing and Social Media
*Germanna Community College can create any training program to address the needs of your business
- Virginia Economic Development Incentive Grant – Discretionary performance incentive, designed to assist and encourage companies to invest and create new employment opportunities
- Virginia Jobs Investment Program – Discretionary reduces the human resource development costs of new and expanding companies
- Commonwealth’s Development Opportunity Fund – Discretionary financial incentive established to support projects that create new jobs and investment in accordance with certain criteria established by state legislation
- Recyclable Materials Processing Equipment Tax Credit – Discretionary income tax credit is available to manufacturers for the purchase of certified machinery and equipment used for processing
recyclable materials in taxable years beginning before January 1, 2020.
- Technology Zones – Qualified businesses locating or expanding operations in a zone may receive local permit and user fee waivers, local tax incentives, special zoning treatment, or exemption from ordinances
Recent Success Stories
In 2016, GEICO announced an expansion that would create an additional 798 new call center and IT jobs . Investing over 1.1 million dollars into there regional office.
In 2017, Alorica announced an expansion that would create 200 new call center jobs to support comcast call services.