There is so much going on in the Fredericksburg Region this fall! Below are some exciting, spooktacular, and nostalgic highlights the area has to offer to commemorate the harvest season.
- Oktoberfest (Sept 28)
- Featuring local and imported German beer, bratwurst, live polka music, traditional dancing, and of course lederhosen, Capital Ale House’s Oktoberfest is one of the Downtown Fredericksburg’s annual highlights.
- State Fair of Virginia (Sept 27-Oct 6)
- Enjoy rides, acrobats, live music, demolition derbies, agricultural and craft exhibits, classic fair food, and much more State Fair of Virginia at the Meadow Event Park in Caroline County.
- Down Home Ball (Oct 12)
- Join Downtown Greens, Fredericksburg’s non-profit urban community farm, at Market Square for their twenty-third annual Down Home Ball. In addition to this “elegant hoedown” featuring live music, there is free food and fun activities for the kids.
- A Day in the life of the Civil War Soldier (Oct 19)
- Tour the grounds at Ellwood Manor in Spotsylvania County to learn about daily life for soldiers in the Civil War. Saturday evening, attend a dinner presentation at Generals’ Quarters Restaurant presented by Dr. Peter Carmichael, historian, Gettysburg College professor, and author of The War for the Common Soldier.
- Halloween Movie Night (Oct 19)
- Celebrate Halloween at this family-friendly event with a craft and costume contest followed by two classic films, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and Scared Shrekless at Hurkamp Park in Fredericksburg.
Be sure to check in next week as we “fall” into more things the Fredericksburg region has to offer this season!