- One of the highest concentrations of Ph.D.s
- Pro-business climate
- 3 technology-driven military bases
- Population nearing 350K
The Fredericksburg Region
Fredericksburg, Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, Stafford
The Fredericksburg Region is ideally located for accessibility to major cities and markets along the East Coast and in the Midwest. In the Fredericksburg Region, we’re committed to ensuring long-term profit for the businesses that call our region home. The secret is our pro-business approach, and lower costs for land, facilities, and labor which add to your bottom line. It’s all supported by a public and private economic development partnership called the Fredericksburg Regional Alliance. Learn more about our dynamic region, consisting of the City of Fredericksburg and the Counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford.
The Epicenter of Virginia’s Growth
- The region has been Virginia’s fastest growing for five consecutive years, with a population of 338,000.
- A highly skilled and expanding labor force of more than 1 million resides within a 40 mile commute.
- One of America’s highest concentrations of Ph.D.s reside locally.
- The 1,400 square mile region is strategically located just 35 miles south of the nation’s capital and 35 miles north of Richmond, capital of Virginia.
- Over 47 miles of Interstate-95 serve the region, carrying 120,000 cars per day.
- Excellent rail service is easily accessible, including Virginia Railway Express’s commuter service and Amtrak. CSX Railroad provides the region with a wide range of reliable and efficient shipping options.
- Washington Dulles International, Washington Reagan National, and Richmond International Airports are within one hour of the region, and are served by 60 commercial airlines providing 815 flights per day.
- The Stafford Regional Airport opened in the Fall of 2001, with 15,000 takeoffs and landings anticipated during the first year of operation. The airport offers foreign trade zone capability, and will serve as a reliever airport to Washington Dulles International and Washington Reagan National Airports.
- Shannon Airport, located in Spotsylvania County, provides general aviation and recreational access within 5 minutes of downtown Fredericksburg.
- Fredericksburg is within a short drive to ports in Baltimore, Hampton Roads and Richmond and an inland port in Front Royal.
On-Line Database of Sites and Buildings
- Easy, global access to a current listing of available sites and buildings.
- World-wide visibility for listed properties
Pro-Business Climate Adds to Your Bottom Line
- Fast track, business friendly permitting.
- Companies relocating to the region save on land, labor and operating costs.
- An extensive fiber optic network is readily available.
- Class A corporate business parks are available and under development. A 300,000 sq.ft. Class A office building in a campus environment can be constructed in seven months.
- Prime sites and facilities are available in the Fredericksburg region, ideal for corporate office parks, leading-edge technology firms, advanced manufacturing companies, and distribution.
- Utilities are in place with excess capacity for the future, including water, sewer, solid waste disposal, electricity and natural gas.
Home to Three Technology-Driven Military Bases and FBI Academy
- Dahlgren Naval Surface Warfare Center, Fort A.P. Hill, and Marine Corps Base Quantico all play a key role in the economy of the region.
- The Quantico base is home to the Marine Corps Combat Development Command, the Presidential Helicopter Squadron, the Amphibious Warfare School, NCIS and the FBI Academy.
- The FBI Academy’s five story, 465,000 sq.ft. crime laboratory employs more than 650 highly skilled people.
- Since 1941, Fort A.P. Hill has steadily increased its stature as one of the nation’s most outstanding, all-purpose, year-round military training destinations.
- Dahlgren continues to serve as one of the nation’s premier naval scientific and engineering institutions. Since 1918, Dahlgren’s research, development, testing and evaluation efforts have consistently produced state-of-the-art combat weapons systems.
Workforce Education Initiatives
- University of Mary Washington, ranked one of the nation’s most selective colleges, last year opened the Center for Graduate and Professional Studies.
- Germanna Community College, the fastest growing community college in Virginia, offers customized training programs for employers.
- Rappahannock Community College’s Center for Business and Workforce Development serves the area with customized training for businesses and industry.
Millions visit Virginia for its history, temperate climate and scenic beauty… we enjoy it every day!
- Historic Fredericksburg, the region’s center, has been named “one of America’s best small cities.”
- Residents enjoy convenient access to Colonial, Revolutionary and Civil War attractions.
- Mary Washington Hospital’s medical campus, a state-of-the-art regional medical center, provides the highest quality health care.